|Leadership & Service Center|
Memorial Union East SOS Office H- email@example.com
Welcome to the Leadership & Service Center
We serve as a resource to Iowa State Students seeking assistance with leadership and service related topics. We work with the Volunteer Center of Story County to assist them to be more accessible to students by providing an on campus meeting space. We also help students to identify how to get involved and encourage them to act on their plans.
Monday & Wednesday: Noon-5pm
Tuesday & Thursday by appointment
What we do:
- Give advice and provide resources for student organization, with topics including: Organization goal setting, retreat planning, team building, marketing and publicizing your organization and events, creating a meeting agenda, starting a new organization etc.
- Share information about resources and events around the Iowa State campus.
- Provide volunteer opportunities around Ames.
- Search for post-graduate service opportunities: Teach for America, Peace Corps, AmericCorps, USAID (United States Agency for International Development), Beacon Education Network (BEN), International Volunteer Programs Association (IVPA), Council on International Exchange Teach Abroad, Match Corps, City Year, Catholic Volunteer Network etc.
- Provide leadership opportunities and resources.
The Student Activities center offers numerous leadership opportunities for students here at Iowa State. Starting from retreats, to conferences, to classes, to leadership books, the amount of opportunities are unlimited!
Visit the “Leadership” page to learn more >>
We value the importance of giving back to the community, because we understand our success is measured by the success of the community as a whole. Whether it is picking up trash during VEISHEA or going on an alternative break trip, the Student Activities Center offers plenty of service opportunities.
Visit the “Service” page to learn more >>
Students interested with meeting one-on-one can schedule an appoint during our office hours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you visited the Leadership and Service Center? Please provide us with feedback so we can make your next visit even better.