Jump start your leadership growth at Iowa State by joining the Leadership ISU learning community. This community is partnered with a course designed for students who want to get involved on campus. This interactive experience teaches students about leading in college and resources available to help them succeed at ISU.
The affiliated course is divided into small-group clusters facilitated by upper-class students. This course will provide students with an array of learning opportunities, resources, and the opportunity to work with current campus leaders (students, staff, and faculty). Students who successfully complete the course will demonstrate understanding of exemplary leadership practices, have identified a major societal issue to address, and analyzed student organizations of interest. The course will meet weekly on Wednesdays 3:10 - 6:00 p.m. To start your Iowa State experience off with a focus on student leadership, join the Leadership ISU learning community!
The course objectives are as follows:
- Understand and apply the Kouzes and Posner model of leadership practices
- Distinguish effective leadership in complex systems
- Understand personal, team, and societal values and how they connect and relate
- Articulate the importance of diverse organizations leadership skillsets
- Identify major resources available for students at Iowa State University
- Coach peers and self through major events in college, including using campus resources
- Network with faculty, staff, student leaders, and peers
Limited space is available for this class. The class is for Fall 2013 only.
Once you have applied for the class, expect an email about your status before August 15.
The 2013 course syllabus will be available soon.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Coordinator of Leadership and Service Programs
Student Activities Center
Clint Stephens Ph.D.
Scholar in Residence for Leadership Education