|Recognized Organization Awards|
Congratulations to the 2014 Student Organization Award Winners!
Outstanding Event of the Year: Bacon Expo
Outstanding Commitment to Diversity: International Student Council
Outstanding Commitment to Service: Sustainable Agriculture Student Association
Outstanding Student Organization Adviser of the Year: Erica Beirman, Culinary Science Club
Outstanding Student Leader of the Year: Onalie Ariyabandhu, International Student Council
The Outstanding Student Leader of the Year Award is awarded to an individual in a student organization who has:
- Inspired others.
- Made him/herself available to group members, and brought out strengths and talents of individual group members.
- Demonstrated initiative by seeking ways to challenge the present and enrich the future.
- Made a meaningful contribution to student, University and surrounding communities through responsible leadership.
- Held a leadership position in the organization.
The Outstanding Commitment to Diversity Award is awarded to a student organization that has:
- Provided information or activities about diversity or multicultural issues (race/ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, ability, cultural identity, etc.).
- Demonstrated consistent flexibility, initiative, creativity and perseverance.
- Made a meaningful contribution to students, University or surrounding communities.
- Worked in collaboration with other organizations to enhance organization's goals.
- Exemplified integrity in all areas of the organization.
The Outstanding Commitment to Service Award is awarded to a student organization that has:
- Demonstrated outstanding service to the Iowa State University and Ames communities.
- Promoted the public good, not for financial gain.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity, or a new kind of engagement.
- Created valuable learning experience for students.
The Outstanding Event of the Year Award recognizes:
- Student organizations for conceiving, planning, and implementing an outstanding event for the ISU community.
- An event that fulfilled the mission of the organization(s).
- All types of events, including ones that are social, cultural, recreational, educational, etc.
- An event open to the entire ISU community and/or public.
The Outstanding Student Organization Adviser of the Year Award is awarded to an adviser in a student organization who:
- Has had a positive impact on a student organization and the University community.
- Demonstrates strong advising skills, is readily available to students, and takes great strides to help the organization's leaders.
Nominations for the 2014 awards are due on Friday, March 21.
Contact Danielle Paris at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.