|Recognized Organization Awards|
Congratulations to the 2014 Student Organization Award Winners!
Outstanding Event of the Year: Bacon Expo
Outstanding Commitment to Diversity: International Student Council
Outstanding Commitment to Service: Sustainable Agriculture Student Association
Outstanding Student Organization Adviser of the Year: Erica Beirman, Culinary Science Club
Outstanding Student Leader of the Year: Onalie Ariyabandhu, International Student Council
The Outstanding Student Leader of the Year Award is awarded to an individual in a student organization who has:
- Inspired others.
- Made him/herself available to group members, and brought out strengths and talents of individual group members.
- Demonstrated initiative by seeking ways to challenge the present and enrich the future.
- Made a meaningful contribution to student, University and surrounding communities through responsible leadership.
- Held a leadership position in the organization.
The Outstanding Commitment to Diversity Award is awarded to a student organization that has:
- Provided information or activities about diversity or multicultural issues (race/ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, ability, cultural identity, etc.).
- Demonstrated consistent flexibility, initiative, creativity and perseverance.
- Made a meaningful contribution to students, University or surrounding communities.
- Worked in collaboration with other organizations to enhance organization's goals.
- Exemplified integrity in all areas of the organization.
The Outstanding Commitment to Service Award is awarded to a student organization that has:
- Demonstrated outstanding service to the Iowa State University and Ames communities.
- Promoted the public good, not for financial gain.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity, or a new kind of engagement.
- Created valuable learning experience for students.
The Outstanding Event of the Year Award recognizes:
- Student organizations for conceiving, planning, and implementing an outstanding event for the ISU community.
- An event that fulfilled the mission of the organization(s).
- All types of events, including ones that are social, cultural, recreational, educational, etc.
- An event open to the entire ISU community and/or public.
The Outstanding Student Organization Adviser of the Year Award is awarded to an adviser in a student organization who:
- Has had a positive impact on a student organization and the University community.
- Demonstrates strong advising skills, is readily available to students, and takes great strides to help the organization's leaders.
Nominations for the 2014 awards are due on Friday, March 21.